Program size: 55
Target numbers for Program Based Admission: 25; School Based Admission: 30
BBA in Economics is suitable for students,
- with analytical mind and comfortable or committed to work with numbers, with or without prior knowledge in economics
- wish to have
- solid training in logic and quantitative thinking,
- to explore varies program and career choice in accounting, marketing, IT, administration, management, teaching or in the civil services.
- students who wish to pursue further study or pursue careers that required economics knowledge and skills, e.g. banking, finance, economists, consultant
Students take major courses after they enter major, at the 3rd or 4th semester of study.
Detailed information of the BBA, ECON Curriculum
Additional Major and Minor Programs
The curriculum of the BBA program has a multi-disciplinary perspective. Students can do additional major(s) in Professional Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Operations Management, Management of Organizations or Marketing.
Economics students can take non-SBM major across schools, while non-SBM students can take economics as an additional major.
Besides second major, students have the following minor programs to choose from, students may choose to minor in more than one programs according to their interest and aspirations.
Apply through JUPAS
Program quota: 55 (first major)
- enter the BBA, Economics Program direct (Program Based Admissions, JS 5311, quota: 25)
- enter through Business School (School based admission: JS 5300, quota: 30)
In the first three semesters of their study, students take foundation courses covering the major areas of business and management include accounting, economics, finance, information systems, operations management, management of organizations and marketing; mathematics and language courses; and university common core courses.
The students choose major after they have completed at least 43 credits, including transferred credits, and have finished 5 out of the 7 major foundation courses. Usually at the end of their second or third semester of study
HKDSE Entry Score for BBA Economics
Median & Lower Quartile
|JS 5311 BBA Econ||Median||Lower Quartile||Highest Attainable Score||Lower Quartile Per-Subject Average Score (Business Programs Only)|
JUPAS Score Calculation for BBA, ECON
- English x 2
- MATH (Compulsory) x 2
- Best 4 other subjects* x 1
* Best 4 other subjects include: core subjects, category A electives and M1/M2
Students with Other Qualifications
International Qualifications Applicants, local non-JUPAS or international
Mainland students who take Joint Entrance Examination
Apply through Major Selection Exercise
Visit SBM's website on Major Selection Exercise for updated information on general rules, eligibility, program requirements, ranking criteria, and more.